Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Inspiration

Well, now that I've got that done, I thought everyone might enjoy hearing some of what inspired me to create this piece. Not sure if any of this would be spoilers so be forewarned that it might be a little, if you haven't read the whole thing. First of all, here's a list of the things I was listening to while creating it:

Every breath you take - both the version by the Police and the one by Celtic Thunder - the quitessential stalker song and I think it fits Theo nicely.

Bang, Bang - both the version by Nancy Sinatra and the one by Cher - Like the one by Nancy better because it's much more eerie. It got some attention as the opening song in the credits of Kill Bill: Volume One. The opening scene and song are sort of what kicked this whole part off

Bad Things - Jace Everett - This is the opening song for the TV show True Blood and is very eerie. always reminds me of the opening scenes of the show because it takes place in Louisiana and it shows the Bayou and that dark, still water. Very nice.

Ex-Lover's lovers - Voltaire - This song is ultimate creepy because it's about a guy stalking his ex's new lovers. Reminded me a little of the situation and thought it fit nicely.

Papa don't preach - Madonna - I can just see Al praying to her dad in Heaven every time I hear this song. Makes me think of what she must have been doing right before Remy walked out onto the deck of the Church.

Time after time - Cyndi Lauper - I know this one might not make sense but anyone who's seen the video may remember the scene at the end where she gets on the bus and leaves the man behind. Makes me think of Al imagining Remy standing there and waving goodbye instead of Jan, as the bus pulls away.

Well, there you have it. I use music a lot in my work and these are the main ones that really stood out while I was working. Enjoy and see you next update, which will hopefully be tomorrow or Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment